Paul Murray Catalysis Consulting offers consultancy in all aspects of Catalysis, Design of Experiments, Principal Component Analysis, solvent selection and process development.
- Design of Experiments to efficiently identify important reaction parameters and optimise processes by:
- Selection of the appropriate designs, factors and ranges for an experimental investigation.
- The analysis and interpretation of the experimental data.
- The prediction of reaction outcomes from the Design of Experiments model.
- Selection of suitable properties for chemical datasets to generate appropriate PCA maps.
- Selection of materials from PCA maps to enable the efficient understanding of the chemical space and requirements of the chemical reaction.
- Selection of the appropriate experimental designs and the analysis of the data.
- Partial Least Squares (PLS) modelling to understand the properties of materials that play a significant role in optimum reaction/process performance and the prediction of alternative materials for the chosen reaction.
- Homogeneous, heterogeneous and bio catalysis.
- Design of new shorter synthetic routes that fully exploit the opportunities presented by catalysis.
- Recommendation of reaction conditions for an array of transformations e.g. challenging Suzuki Miyaura reaction etc.
- Guide experimental programs to optimise processes including the selection of the optimum catalyst and ligand.
- Detailed analysis of reaction outcomes to identify areas of concern that affect the reaction efficiency, product quality, impurity profile etc.
- Optimisation of commercial manufacturing processes to make them sustainable and economically viable long term process.